Make a lasting impression
Effective public relations is about building an organization’s reputation by telling the stories that truly matter. In our intensive full-time PR program, you’ll learn to manage communications using traditional and digital tools. In just nine weeks, you’ll complete the program ready to launch a dynamic career in the field of PR.
- Practise your skills on real-world projects during a three-week practicum
- Learn from Vancouver’s established industry experts
- Get training that follows the Canadian Public Relations Society Code of Professional Standards
- Develop a professional network of peers
8 courses + practicum
Finish in 9 weeks
Our hands-on Public Relations Certificate can prepare you to work in the PR field in just over two months.
You'll learn to:
- Write clearly and effectively, from news releases and newsletters to tweets, blogs and websites
- Work closely with traditional and social media
- Build communications plans to manage issues and enhance corporate reputations
- Speak confidently in the boardroom, into the microphone or in front of the camera
- Use influencer marketing and social media effectively
- Perform web analytics and research
- Plan and execute successful PR events
- Use digital tools and programs to create communications pieces
Plus, you’ll build your work experience during a three-week practicum at an organization of your choosing.