Simultaneous Interpretation Program (Mandarin Chinese/English)
There is no minimum TOEFL or IELTS score required to apply for our Simultaneous Interpretation Program. To qualify for admission, you must have the following:
- University degree from an accredited university
- Relevant experience in interpreting and/or successfully completed an interpreter-training program
- Competence in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- Cross-cultural competence
- Successful completion of an entrance exam that consists of a consecutive interpreting test and a sight translation test.
As part of the online application process, you will be asked to include:
- A résumé that includes your education and work history
- A letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the program (no more than 500 words)
- Copies of any degrees, diplomas, or certificates from all the post-secondary institutions you have attended.
Once we review your application, we will arrange an online oral test. You will receive your result within two weeks of our reviewing your performance. If you pass the entrance exam, you will be accepted into the program and receive further instructions on paying your tuition.
For application fee and deadline, visit Program details.