System Maintenance: course information and registration will be unavailable from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. PST on Monday, Dec 12.
Dialogue and Civic Engagement Certificate
Become a powerful catalyst for meaningful social and organizational change. Our professional part-time program can help you build the skills to design and implement engagement strategies that deepen a shared understanding of the issues at hand, are more responsive and accountable to participants and stakeholders, and ultimately build more support for outcomes.
Why this program?
- Study with a professional network of peers who work in diverse contexts
- Receive mentorship, support and feedback from instructors who are experienced practitioners
- Design and implement your own engagement project through the program practicum
- Earn Continuous Professional Learning credits to maintain your Planning Institute of B.C. membership
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status
8–36 months (from start date of first course)
To graduate, pass all courses required to complete the program.
1–3 days (7–22.5 instructional hours)
Daytime (Pacific Time)
- Dialogue and Engagement: Principles and Concepts (DLOG700)
- Practice of Engagement (DLOG701)
- Planning for Engagement (DLOG703)
- Effective Group Facilitation (DLOG706)
- Shared Spaces: Foundations for Dialogue and Engagement Between Indigenous and non-Indigenous People (DLOG708)
- Hosting Powerful Conversations: Introduction to World Cafe and Open Space Technology (DLOG750)
- Large-Scale Public Involvement Methods (DLOG751)
- Strategies and Tools for Online Engagement (DLOG755)
- Design Thinking Methods for Engagement (DLOG756)
- Evaluating Engagement (DLOG757)
- Dialogue and Civic Engagement Practicum (DLOG790)
Course materials included
$75 program application fee
Register for individual courses at any time, with the option to apply to the program later.
Enroll in the certificate program to:
- Track your progress in your student account
- Access potential tax credits
- Be eligible to graduate when you finish