Part-time, online Editing Certificate
We will evaluate your application based on your editing and writing samples, work experience, and interest in the field.
Please include the following with your application:
- A résumé that includes your education and work history.
- A letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the program (no more than 500 words).
- One example of your editing work and one example of your writing (no more than 1,000 words total) with a brief description of your contribution for each. Feel free to use assignments from any of your courses as examples.
You can also take individual courses toward the certificate before you apply. If you are accepted to the program at a later date, any courses that you complete successfully (that are part of the editing certificate curriculum at the time you apply) will count toward your certificate.
We review applications as we receive them, and we will contact you about the status of your application.
For application fee, visit Program details.
English language requirements
To succeed in this program, you will need an advanced level of written and spoken English. If you are unsure whether your English language skills are sufficient, we recommend you complete the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with the following minimums:
- Overall band score of 6.5.
- All bands 6.0 or higher.
- A minimum writing band score of 8.0.
Please note we can’t refund your registration fees after the course start date if you find your English language skills are not adequate.
If you have questions or concerns about your English language proficiency, we encourage you to contact your local IELTS Test Centre.