Traditional leadership training has long focused on technical and managerial skills. But our rapidly changing world demands a richer, deeper understanding of leadership as a dynamic process. Today’s leaders need to be authentic, forward-thinking, agile, collaborative and innovative. Our Executive Leadership Certificate is designed for experienced and emerging leaders ready to develop these new ways of thinking and behaving in order to lead in complex and uncertain times.
Part-time, in class, or in class/onlineExecutive Leadership Certificate
Transform your leadership practice
Through a combination of rich discussion and hands-on experience, you will develop six essential mindsets and the practical strategies you need to be competitive and thrive in an era of complexity. Our program will enable you to:
- Identify and address habitual thinking, behaviour patterns and potential blind spots
- Identify and apply interventions that create greater equity and help unleash the full creative potential of others in diverse teams
- Examine ways that an organization can prime itself for change processes, including empowering change ambassadors and engaging change obstructors
- Utilize leverage points in a system and appraise the merit of various action strategies from a systemic perspective
- Articulate your own strengths and areas of learning as a leader, integrating your own and others’ perspectives
Who is this program for?
Our intensive, part-time program will benefit both emerging and experienced leaders in the private, public or non-profit sector. You’ll learn alongside professionals from diverse backgrounds, such as:
- Corporate executives dealing with growing globalization and the need to work across cultures
- Business leaders forced to adjust strategies to meet new demands for innovation in a globally competitive market
- Executive directors in non-profit settings navigating multi-stakeholder engagement to address systemic problems
- Senior managers in the public sector rising to the expectations of a new workforce that questions hierarchical organizational structures
- Change agents working to address system-wide, intractable social problems
Learn from both peers and instructors
In a cohort of other professionals, and taught by our expert instructional team, you'll workshop your most pressing leadership challenges. You’ll also work with an executive coach, who will help you deeply integrate and apply what you learn in the program.
Designed to accommodate working professionals, we offer this part-time program in two formats: face-to-face in Vancouver, or online. Our Executive Leadership program consists of four core courses and a fifth course that will help you apply all of your learning. This fifth course, Leadership in Action: Coaching, 360 Assessment and Prototype Project, includes classroom or online sessions, plus one-on-one meetings with your executive coach.