Part-timeLegal Interpretation and Translation Certificate (Mandarin Chinese/English)
|Program completion||10 months|
|Program dates||September 8, 2021–June 29, 2022
(Winter break: Dec 19–Jan 4)
|Schedule||Wed. 6:30 p.m.–9 p.m. Pacific Time
Sat. 9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Pacific Time
See sample class schedule for details.
|Course work||Class time: 7.5 hours / week
Field training: minimum 6 sessions (15 hours)
|Cost||C$7,950 (same for international and domestic students)
C$75 program application fee
|Application info||Deadline: August 29, 2021
How you'll learn and be evaluated
- Learn in a cohort of no more than 20 students
- Expect lectures, presentations, case studies and discussions
- Participate in supervised practice sessions
- Participate in remote field training by observing live court proceedings
- Prepare to spend 2–3 hours per week on coursework in addition to attending classes
You’ll be evaluated on:
- Exams and quizzes
Complete all courses with an overall grade of B– (70%) to graduate with the Legal and Interpretation and Translation Certificate.
For online courses, you will need a computer that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for this course. You will receive course details and Canvas access instructions on the first day of the course. For more information and technical support, visit About Online Learning.
You will need to enable your computer’s audio and microphone to participate fully in live videoconference sessions offered via Zoom Meetings.