Social Innovation Certificate
From climate change to economic inequity to the unravelling of democratic institutions, resolving today’s complex and urgent problems requires collaboration, risk-taking, systems thinking and new ways of working together. Our part-time program provides groundbreaking tools and methods to help you create solutions to our most challenging issues, and unleash your inner changemaker.
Why this program?
- Receive coaching and mentoring from experienced social innovators
- Discover techniques for exploring, developing and applying creative ideas and solutions to complex issues
- Develop solutions to address a real-world problem of your choosing through an applied practicum project
- Participate in an inspiring learning community of colleagues working on diverse challenges
- Graduate with a certificate that confers SFU alumni status
- Be eligible for admission to Graduate Diploma in Business Administration at SFU Beedie School of Business, even without an undergraduate degree
8–36 months (from start date of first course)
To graduate, pass all courses required to complete the program.
4 days (24 instructional hours)
Thu–Sat daytime (Pacific Time)
- Traversing the Landscape of Social Innovation (INNO800)
- The Innovation Process: Ideation, Experiments and Containers for Risk (INNO820)
- Self in the System - Deepening Leadership (INNO840)
- Collaboration and Innovation Beyond Organizational Boundaries (INNO860)
- Becoming a Systems Entrepreneur - Implementation, Scaling and Systems Impact (INNO880)
- Practicum / Coaching / Integration (INNO890)
Course materials included
As a clinical nurse educator, Sally Kupp will never know how many lives she’s saved.
Brenda Mah is not your typical bank manager. While the graduate of SFU’s Social Innovation Certificate program serves as a community branch manager for Vancity credit union, she’s also working off the side of her desk to build healthier communities.