Planning Your Day
Because we have limited seating, you may bring a maximum of four people.
You will find guest seating on the covered Convocation Mall, right behind the graduating students' seats. No reservations or tickets are necessary; however, family and friends should find their seats well before the procession begins.
Things to know
- Only certified guide/service animals are allowed to cross the stage with graduands.
- You should make arrangements with family or friends for child-minding while you are convocating.
- Note that the Mall is under cover but open on both ends and can be quite cold, so audience members should dress warmly.
- Elderly guests and anyone with special needs regarding seating should identify themselves to any of our ushers on the Mall.
- Each convocation ceremony lasts approximately two hours.
A reception for graduands and their guests is held in the James Douglas room, directly off the Mall, following each ceremony.