Helmut and Hugo Eppich Family Graduate Scholarship
Terms of Reference
The Helmut and Hugo Eppich Family Endowment Fund was established in 2013 through an amalgamation of existing endowment funds, all of which were first established in 1989 by generous donations from various individuals and organizations in support of the Ebco/ Eppich Chair in Expert Systems. The amalgamated endowment fund now supports the Helmut and Hugo Eppich Family Graduate Scholarships.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to provide financial support for a student pursuing a graduate degree in research relevant to the area of Intelligent Systems.
- The Helmut and Hugo Eppich Family Graduate Scholarship, valued at a minimum of $1,000 will be awarded annually from the income earned from the endowment fund. Multiple scholarships may be granted and/or the value of the scholarship may be increased in increments of $500.This is normally awarded in the Spring term.
- The criteria for this scholarship are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in Intelligent Systems
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- Application is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and a copy of the transcript of the most recent degree program completed
- a statement as to why the students work is relevant to this scholarship
- if applicable, a list of any papers the student may have published
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the Department of enrolment.
- The student must be nominated for this award by the Dean, Faculty of Applied Sciences or designate.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee and on the recommendation of the Dean, Faculty of Applied Sciences or designate.
Revised: Sept2017/ GESR188