Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
For Master's Applicants
I am pleased to announce that the application for the Canada Graduate Scholarship Program at the Master’s level is now live. The newly harmonized application system on the Research Portal and customized Common CV template are available at: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/ResearchPortal-PortailDeRecherche/Instructions-Instructions/index_eng.asp.
This year's deadline to apply online is December 1, 2013
We suggest interested applicants begin with:
- Read more about the Harmonization: www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/CGSHarmonization-HarmonizationBESC_eng.asp
- Ensuring that your research falls under one of the agencies’ mandates by reviewing the subject eligibility: www.science.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=en&n=FEE7261A-1
- Ensuring your eligibility to apply by visiting the agency's webpage for the Master's Program
- Ordering your official transcripts (you will be uploading them to the Research Portal once the system is open)
- Attending the 2013 Master's Applicants Workshop: Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 10 am–12 noon, Halpern Centre, Room 126, Burnaby campus
For Doctoral Applicants
- Sir Frederick Banting and Dr. Charles Best CGS D Scholarships (Doctoral)
- 2012 PhD Worklist
- Applicants apply directly to CIHR for the Doctoral Awards with a deadline of October 1, 2013.; there is no internal university adjudication process
Interested students should check CIHR's 2013-2014 Doctoral Research Competition for eligiblity and application process information. Note that mid October is high traffic time for ResearchNet; we encourage applicants to begin and submit their application early.
The Routing Slip and Signature Pages are signed by the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies. Applicants are required to collect all other required signatures before submitting the form to our office. Our office will sign the form, scan and email it to the applicant for direct upload to researchnet.
Q: Can I update my CIHR Doctoral Research Award Application after the Deadline?
A: The only updates permitted after the submission of an application are notices of acceptance of publications, which will only be accepted until November 1, 2013. CIHR requires a publisher e-mail confirmation sent to the team responsible for the Doctoral Research Awards (DRA@cihr-irsc.gc.ca).
*Updating your CCV or ResearchNet Application will not update the application that CIHR has received.
CIHR Award Winner Profiles
Major External Awards
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Canada-Brazil Ciência sem Fronteiras Scholarship Program
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- China Scholarship Council
- Connect Canada Internships
- Imperial Order of the Daughters of the Empire War Memorial Doctoral Scholarships
- Mackenzie King Memorial Scholarships
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research Trainee Awards
- Minerva Foundation for BC Women
- Mitacs: Inspiring Innovation
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council Awards (NSERC)
- Northern Scientific Training Program (NSTP)
- Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions Fellowships (PICS)
- Rhodes Scholarship in Canada
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Awards (SSHRC)
- Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS)
- Worksafe Research Training Awards