Business and Entrepreneurship Scholarships for Master's and PhD Students
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this scholarship is to increase business and entrepreneurship knowledge by encouraging outstanding non-Beedie students registered in a SFU MA, MSc, MASc or PhD programs to concurrently register in a SFU certificate, diploma or master's program run either primarily by, or jointly with, the Beedie School of Business.
- A limited number of scholarships will be offered annually. Students are eligible to receive this award only once during their degree program.
- Eligible degree programs include the Master of Business Administration (part-time), Management of Technology, MSc Finance, Graduate Diploma in Financial Engineering, Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Graduate Diploma in Aboriginal Business and Leadership, and Graduate Diploma in Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Other programs may be added at the discretion of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- The scholarships will be awarded annually to graduate students who fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- registered full-time in a research-intensive degree leading to a MA, MSc, MASc or PhD in a non-Beedie program or faculty
- concurrently registered in a Beedie master'sdiploma or certificate program
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Preference will be given to students who are engaged in knowledge mobilization in conjunction with external partners.
- This scholarship may be held in conjunction with other fellowships, scholarships or awards granted by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Students must apply for this scholarship via the Graduate Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3). Nomininates must include:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- a concise outline of the proposed or actual research project relevant to the aims of the scholarship
- a letter of support from the MA, MSc, MASc or PhD faculty supervisor
- The scholarship will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: March 2016 / GPSR068