Brinkman Forest Ltd. Award in Aboriginal Business and Leadership
Terms of Reference
The Brinkman Forest Ltd. Award in Aboriginal Business and Leadership was established in 2015 with a generous minimum two year commitment from Brinkman Forst Ltd. Two awards will be granted annually to entering or continuing students enrolled in the Executive Master of Business Administration in Aboriginal Business and Leadership program at Simon Fraser University.
- The purpose of the award is to offer financial assistance to and reward deserving students entering or enrolled in the EMBA Aboriginal Business and Leadership Program.
- The awards will be disbursed to students who fulfill the following criteria:
- demonstrated academic achievement in the most recent degree program completed or in the EMBA in Aboriginal Business and Leadership Program;
- demonstrated history of community leadership; and,
- enrollment in the EMBA in Aboriginal Business and Leadership Program.
- Applications will be made via the Graduate Award Application and Adjudication System
(GA3). Required documents include:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and/ or a copy of the transcript of the most recent degree program completed;
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work (if the applicant is a continuing student); and,
- a current curriculum vitae; and,
- a personal statement of goals related to the aims of the EMBA in Aboriginal Business and Leadership Program.
- The completed nomination and all supporting documentation must be received by the
office of the Dean of Graduate Studies from the Program Director.
- The award will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Program Director, EMBA in Aboriginal Business and Leadership.
Revised: January 2017 / GPSR077