CN Graduate Award in Indigenous Business and Leadership
Terms of Reference
The purpose of the award is to provide funding to Indigenous graduate students enrolled in the EMBA in Indigenous Business and Leadership Program.
- Six awards, valued at $10,000 each, will be offered over two years, in any term, to graduate students who fulfill the following criteria:
- are enrolled in the EMBA in Indigenous Business and Leadership in the Beedie School of Business;
- are of Indigenous heritage (defined as, in accordance to Canada's 1982 Constitution, First Nations, Metis, and Inuit peoples of Canada); and
- demonstrate excellence in one of the following ways:
- have demonstrated academic excellence in the most recent degree program completed or in the EMBA in Indigenous Business and Leadership Program; or
- have demonstrated accomplishments in leadership; or
- have a minimum of eight years of work experience with at least six of these in a managerial or professional position, with demonstrated evidence of accomplishments in leadership.
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Applications will be made via the Graduate Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3). Required documents include:
- a current curriculum vitae; and
- copies of post-secondary transcripts.
- If a suitable candidate is not identified, the award may be disbursed in a subsequent term or year.
- The award will be granted by the Dean and Associate Provost, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies on behalf of the Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Director of Indigenous Programs at the Beedie School of Business.
Revised: February 2019/ GPSR093