Frank A. Linville Graduate Scholarship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a student pursuing a graduate degree program whose research is on sensory science.
- The award value is tenable in the Fall term.
- The criteria for this award are
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate, and if applicable, at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program conducting research on sensory science in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- Application is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all post secondary transcripts
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- The completed application and supporting documents must be received by the department of enrollment. Departmental nominations must be received by SFU Graduate Studies.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2017/ GPSR015