Liz Elliott Memorial Graduate Scholarship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this scholarship is to support graduate students completing their thesis/dissertation in the School of Criminology.
- To be eligible for the award, a student must be enrolled in a Master's or Doctoral program in the School of Criminology at SFU and will have completed all requirements of the degree (e.g., courses, comprehensive and qualifying examinations) with the exception of the thesis/ dissertation.
- The criteria for this scholarship are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the graduate level
- full-time registration in a graduate program in the School of Criminology at SFU- pursuing research in restorative justice, aboriginal justice, or correctional reform.
- Students may submit an online award application and must be accompanied by
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's academic achievements and experience
- a concise outline of the program of studies
- The award will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Associate Director, Graduate Programs in the School of Criminology.
Revised: June 2017 / GESR189