Paul Higgins Resource and Environmental Management Graduate Award
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the award is to recognize and provide funding to graduate students in the Faculty of Environment's School of Resource and Environmental Management at Simon Fraser University, with a preference for a focus on fisheries management.
- The award(s) will be offered to graduate students who fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- demonstrated academic achievement in the most recent degree completed or in their current graduate program;
- registered full-time in a graduate program in the School of Resource and Environmental Management.
- Preference will be given to students focusing on fisheries management.
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The application must be made via the Graduate Award, Application and Adjudication System (GA3). Required documents include:
- copies of post-secondary transcripts;
- one letter of reference from an SFU faculty member familiar with the applicant's work;
- a current curriculum vitae; and
- a one page research proposal related to the aims of this award.
- If a suitable candidate is not identified, the award may be disbursed in a subsequent term or year.
- The award will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Fellows on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2020/ GESR236