Paul Tang Graduate Entrance Fellowship in Philosophy
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the entrance fellowship is to attract and provide financial support for outstanding graduate students entering a master’s degree program in the Department of Philosophy.
- A student may receive the Paul Tang Graduate Entrance Fellowship in Philosophy only once in the course of their studies.
- The criteria for this fellowship are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate or graduate levels
- full-time registration in a master’s degree program in the Department of Philosophy at the time the award is distributed
- demonstrated potential for future academic achievements
- Applications are submitted to the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copies of post-secondary transcripts
- a nomination letter by the Graduate Program Chair, Department of Philosophy, describing the merits of the student as they enter their first year of the master’s degree program at in the Department of Philosophy at SFU
- The award will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Graduate Program Chair, Department of Philosophy.
Revised: July 2017 / GESR207