Alan David Aberbach Scholarship in United States History
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to advance the study of US history by providing financial support to graduate students whose research focuses on some aspect of this topic.
- The Alan David Aberbach Scholarship in United States History is valued as a portion of the earned income from the endowment. Multiple scholarships may be awarded when endowment income permits.
- To be eligible to be nominated, the student must be registered in or applying to enter a Master's or PhD program in the Department of History.
- Multiple scholarships may be awarded when endowment income permits.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic and research excellence at the undergraduate level, and if applicable, at the graduate level
- promise of achievement at the graduate level
- a research focus on US history
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The award application and/or nomination is made using the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- Copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- A curriculum vitae summarizing scholastic achievements and work relevant to the aims of this scholarship
- One letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the nominee’s academic work
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon recommendation of the Graduate Chair of History.
Revised: August2017/ GESR155