Barry Clark Memorial Graduate Scholarship in pre-twentieth century English Literature
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a student pursuing a graduate degree in English, specializing in pre-twentieth century English Literature.
- This scholarship is a one-term award based on the value of the earned income from the endowment.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Department of English
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality, and ability in research
- specialization in pre-twentieth century English Literature
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The award application and/or nomination is made using the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must include:
- copies of all postsecondary transcripts
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a concise outline of the proposed program of studies.
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2015 / GESR057