Allan Dakin Annual Graduate Award in Hydrogeology
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the Allan Dakin Annual Graduate Award in Hydrogeology is to provide support for a student in a Master’s or Doctoral program in Hydrogeology in the Department of Earth Sciences, who shows promise of making a contribution to the evaluation, protection, and sustainable use of groundwater resources in BC. Students will be evaluated based on their previous contributions to hydrogeology, performance in graduate course work, conference presentations and community engagement.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- full-time registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Application is made on the online graduate awards system (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- a concise outline of the proposed or actual research project
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2015 / GPSR028