Macdonald Heaslip Graduate Award
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to recognize and provide funding to former Macdonald Heaslip Undergraduate Scholars entering or in their first year of graduate studies in the Faculty of Education at Simon Fraser University, who after graduation intend to work with young people through the K-12 system in Canada.
- This award will be awarded in the student's first year of graduate studies. The award is renewable for one additional year, as long as the recipient continues to be in good academic standing as indicated by a statement from their supervisor.
- The criteria for this award are:
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a full-time graduate program in the Faculty of Education
- a former recipient of the Macdonald Heaslip Undergraduate Scholarship
- Preference will be given to students who are registered in a full-time graduate thesis-based program (MA or PhD) and do not have full-time professional employment.
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by SFU or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- To be considered for this award, students must complete the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- proof of being a former Macdonald Heaslip Undergraduate Scholar
- a summary outlining the student's intended plans to work with young people through the K-12 system in Canada, and indicate employment status during their study
- The award will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, based upon the nomination of the Associate Dean, Graduate Studies and Research in the Faculty of Education.
Revised: April 2017/ GPSR070