Peter Kennedy Memorial Graduate Fellowship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the Peter Kennedy Memorial Graduate Fellowships is to support outstanding graduate students pursuing their master's or doctoral degrees in the Department of Economics.
- The Peter Kennedy Memorial Graduate Fellowships will be granted annually from the income earned from the endowment fund.
- The Peter Kennedy Memorial Graduate Fellowships may be held in conjunction with other student awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The Peter Kennedy Memorial Graduate Fellowships are meant to allow outstanding graduate students to avoid working as teaching assistants or as sessional instructors over a full academic year. They are not meant to raise graduate students’ overall financial support.
- This fellowship can be used either to attract an outstanding graduate student to Economics at SFU or to allow a continuing graduate student in Economics to concentrate on his/ her research. The criteria for this fellowship are:
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- Demonstrated teaching excellence
- Full-time registration in a graduate program in the Department of Economics
- This fellowship cannot be held in conjunction with a teaching assistantship or a sessional position at SFU or elsewhere.
- A complete nomination package includes:
- A letter from the Chair of Economics describing how the student fits the criteria for the award
- An unofficial SFU transcript, or, for new students, a copy of the official transcript of the most recent degree program completed.
- The Peter Kennedy Memorial Graduate Fellowships award will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, and on the nomination of the Chair of the Department of Economics.
Revised: May 2013/ GESR176