Meredith Kimball Graduate Entrance Scholarship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the Meredith Kimball Graduate Entrance Scholarship is to attract and provide financial support for students pursuing graduate study in the Department of Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies.
- 1. The criteria for this scholarship are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- full-time registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Department of Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies
- promise of outstanding achievement with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Students must be nominated for this award by the Chair of the Graduate Program, Department of Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies. The nomination must be submitted on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all post secondary transcripts
- a copy of the nominee’s proposed outline of studies
- a letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant’s work
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: February 2012 / GESR128