Margaret and Claude Mitchell Graduate Award in GSWS
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a graduate student in the Department of Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies.
- The Margaret and Claude Mitchell endowment fund supporting the Margaret and Claude Mitchell Graduate Award in Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies was established to help women from East Vancouver to complete university. It is a one-term award valued at the income earned from the endowment.
- The criteria for the award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and if applicable, at the graduate level.
- full-time registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Department of Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies
- Preference will be given to students residing in, or having received their earlier education in East Vancouver.
- Students must be nominated for the scholarship by the Graduate Program Chair of the Department of Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies. Students may apply on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and a copy of the transcript of the most recent degree program completed
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a curriculum vitae which, if applicable, includes a statement attesting to the applicant's schooling in East Vancouver.
- If a suitable candidate is not identified, the award may be offered in a subsequent term.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Graduate Program Chair of the Department of Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies.
Revised: April 2017/ GESR072