Temple Maynard Memorial Graduate Bursary in English
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for students in the MA or PhD program in the Department of English.
- The Temple Maynard Memorial Graduate Bursary in English is a one-term award based on the value of earned income from an endowment.
- The criteria for this award are:
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Department of English
- promise of academic achievement with emphasis on integrity and dedication to graduate studies
- financial need
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Application is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all postsecondary transcripts
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a statement describing the financial need
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, and on the recommendation of the Graduate Program Committee of the Department of English.
Revised: April 2017 / GESR109