Duncan and Jean McEachran Memorial Prize in Canadian Business
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this prize is to recognize a student in a graduate degree program in the Beedie School of Business whose thesis or project essay addresses issues in Canadian Business.
- The criteria for this award are:
- current enrolment at Simon Fraser University a graduate program in the Beedie School of Business
- demonstrated academic excellent at the graduate level
- completion of an outstanding thesis or project essay on any topic concerning Canadian Business
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Students must be NOMINATED for this award by the Associate Dean, Graduate Programs, Beedie School of Business upon the recommendation of the Awards Committee.
- The nominations must be made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- A current, unofficial SFU transcript
- A copy of the nominated work
- A nomination letter by an adjudicating faculty member describing the academic merits of the work
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, based on the recommendations of the Associate Dean of the Graduate Programs in the Beedie School of Business and the Awards Committee.
Revised: April 2015 / GESR167