Master’s in Public Policy Scholarship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to encourage students who are enrolled in the Master’s of Public Policy Program.
- The eligibility criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate and, if applicable at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in the Public Policy Program
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level, with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- where possible, preference will be given to a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Students must be nominated for this award by the Master’s of Public Policy graduate program committee, and approved by the Director, Public Policy. The nomination must be made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a nomination letter describing the academic merits and potential of the nominee
- copies of all post secondary transcripts
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant’s work
- a concise outline of the proposed master’s project
- demonstrated evidence of contributions to the field of public policy
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, on the nomination of the Master’s of Public Policy graduate program committee and approved by the Director, Public Policy.
Revised: February 2012 / GESR136