Dr. M. Sheila O'Connell Graduate Scholarship in Children's Literature
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a student pursuing a graduate degree in either Faculty of Education or the Department of English, specializing in Children's Literature.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Department of English or the Faculty of Education
- specialization in Children's Literature
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Application is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all postsecondary transcripts
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a concise outline of the proposed program of studies
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The Faculty of Education and the Department of English will forward all applications to the office of the Dean of Graduate Studies, and may each make no more than one positive recommendation for the award.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2015 / GESR074