Dr. Donald, Eleanor, and Laurie Rix Biotechnology Management of Technology MBA Graduate Entrance Scholarship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the Dr. Donald, Eleanor, and Laurie Rix Biotechnology Management of Technology MBA Graduate Entrance Scholarship is to provide financial support for a student entering the Management of Technology MBA Program or the Graduate Certificate in Science and Technology Commercialization program. Preference should still be given to students in the Biotechnology stream of the Management of Technology MBA program.
- The Rix Entrance Scholarship is a two-term award.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence
- admission and registration in the Management of Technology MBA Graduate Program or the Graduate Certificate in Science and Technology Commercialization program in the Beedie School of Business
- preference will be given to graduate students in the Biotechnology stream of the Management of Technology MBA program.
- promise of outstanding achievement with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The student must be nominated for the award by the Associate Dean, Graduate Programs, Beedie School of Business. The nomination is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a nomination letter
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- a curriculum vitae summarizing scholastic achievements and work relevant to the aims of this scholarship
- one letter of reference from either a Faculty member or employer
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: September2017/ GESR131