Scotiabank Graduate Scholarship for Women
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to attract and provide financial support for female graduate students in a Master of Business Administration degree program at Simon Fraser University, who demonstrate the potential for success in business. Preference will be given, where possible, to a candidate who is, or has been, an entrepreneur, or who plans to study entrepreneurship as part of her degree.
- The Scotiabank Graduate Scholarship for Women is a two-term award valued at a portion of the interest earned from the Endowment Fund.
- The criteria for this award are:
- full- or part-time registration at Simon Fraser University in a Master’s program in Beedie School of Business
- demonstrated academic excellence
- preference will be given to a candidate who can demonstrate entrepreneurial experience
- where no candidate with entrepreneurial experience is identified, criteria a) and b) will apply
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The student must be nominated for the award by the Associate Dean, Graduate Programs, Beedie School of Business. NOMINATION is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a nomination letter
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts, if applicable
- a concise description of the proposed or actual research
- a curriculum vitae summarizing scholastic achievements and work relevant to the aims of this scholarship
- one letter of reference from someone other than their supervisor who is familiar with the applicant’s research ability
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: July 2017 / GESR108