University Women’s Club of Vancouver Annual Graduate Award in Business
Terms of Reference
The purpose of the University Women’s Club of Vancouver Annual Graduate Award in Business is to attract and provide financial support for female students who are pursuing, or intend to pursue a graduate degree in which women are under-represented in the Beedie School of Business at Simon Fraser University.
- The criteria for this award are:
- Registration in a graduate program in which women are under-represented in the Segal Graduate School of Business at Simon Fraser University
- Candidates must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The student must be nominated for this award by the Associate Dean of the Beedie School of Business. The nomination must be made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- A nomination letter describing the academic merits and potential of the nominee and their financial need if applicable
- Copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Award Adjudication Committee, upon receipt of the nomination from the Associate Dean of the Segal Graduate School of Business in the Beedie School of Business.
Revised: February 2012 / GPSR054