Andrew Wade Memorial Scholarship in Visual Analytics
Andrew Wade was the first graduate from the Master's Degree program in Visual Analytics in the School of Interactive Arts and Technology. Sadly, Andrew's degree was bestowed posthumously in October 2011. See his student profile.
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this scholarship is to provide support for a student pursuing a graduate degree in the School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT), specializing in visual analytics.
- The Andrew Wade Memorial Scholarship in Visual Analytics will be awarded annually from the income earned from the endowment fund. In the event that a suitable candidate cannot be found, the income earned may be reinvested in the endowment to protect its value over time.
- The award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by SFU or other agencies, where permitted by those agencies.
- The criteria for this award are:
- full-time registration at Simon Fraser University in the SIAT graduate program, specializing in Visual Analytics
- demonstrated academic excellence at the graduate level
- The award application and/or nomination is made using the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3):
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript
- a concise description (one page or less) of the student’s program of studies
- a letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's academic achievements and experience
- The completed application and all supporting documentation must be received by the Director, School of Interactive Arts and Technology at SFU.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on the recommendation of the Director, SIAT, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2017/ GESR182