Lis Welch Graduate Scholarship in Education
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide support for a student in a Master's or Doctoral program in the Faculty of Education.
- The Lis Welch Graduate Scholarship in Faculty of Education is valued at a portion of the earned income from the endowment fund.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Faculty of Education
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- when possible, preference will be given to a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Application is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work.
- a concise outline of the proposed program of studies.
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee based on the recommendation of the Director of Graduate Programs in the Faculty of Education.
Revised: June 2012 / GESR083