Dr. John Yorston Memorial Graduate Scholarship in Pest Management
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a student pursuing a graduate degree in the Master of Pest Management program, and to recognize excellence and career potential among graduate students specializing in crop protection, with emphasis on plant pathology and nematology.
- Students may only be awarded one scholarship during their degree program.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in the Master of Pest Management Program
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research in plant pathology or nematology
- an understanding of the importance of crop protection in commercial agriculture
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The award application and/or nomination is made using the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must include:
- copies of all post secondary transcripts
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a concise outline of the proposed program of studies
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2015 / GESR114