Tips and Tricks

SFU Recreation Services

August 14, 2012

SFU Recreation Services has new procedures for you to get access to the gym.

All registered grad students have access to recreation services as part of your student fees. To get access, starting this fall, you'll use your student card. You can also set up your access through "signing" a waiver online:

  • Login to
  • Click on: “Complete your SFU Athletics & Recreation Waiver Now”
  • Read and agree to the waiver

A paper waiver is available at the Athletics and Recreation main office, if you don't want to do it online. Their Fall schedule will be uploaded to their website on August 20.

New students can fill out the waiver now, but won't get access to the facility until September 4. You will also need to pick up your SFU student card, and we strongly recommend that you do that in August if possible — there are often long lineups of undergraduate students in the first weeks of September.

If you're a student at the Surrey or Vancouver campuses, you have free access to City of Surrey or City of Vancouver recreation facilities. (Click the city links to get eligibility and membership information.)

No comments yet