Contest: Photos of Home
Our Photos of Home contest was so much fun last year, we're running it again!
Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows join SFU from all over the world — from Argentina to Zimbabwe, Seattle to Shanghai, Prince George to Prince Edward Island, Burnaby to Bangalore — and more!
In celebration of International Week 2013, we want to know what your “home town” is all about or what "home" represents to you.
Whatever, wherever or whomever means "home" to you, we invite you to:
- take a photo
- write a little bit about where it is and why you chose it (50-100 words)
- and then send your photo and words into our contest
As in last year's contest, we'll post the photo submissions on our website so that everyone can check out your photos and stories of home. Last year, many of you told us how much you enjoyed getting a better glimpse into each other's unique lives and backgrounds.
- 1st prize: $100 Best Buy gift certificate
- 2nd prize: $75 Best Buy gift certificate
- 3rd prize: $50 SFU bookstore gift certificate
- Honourable Mentions: $10 gift certificate for Tim Hortons (5 available)
Deadline Extended: Contest closes Thursday February 14, 2013, at midnight.
A panel of judges will review and select the winning entries.
How to Enter
Complete the online submission form (one submission per photo please)
Email your photo(s) to email@example.com with the subject line “Photos of Home Contest” and your name (i.e. “Photos of Home: Lily Wang”).
- Contest is open to current and on-leave SFU graduate students and postdoctoral fellows, and alumni who were graduate students.
- You may submit a maximum of three photos but will not be able to win multiple times.
- Photos must be the highest resolution possible so that it can be used for print and web reproduction. Please save your photo in .jpeg or .jpg format. One submission via the websurvey is required per photo.
- By submitting your photo to the contest, you must agree that you are the photographer or have obtained permission to use the photo (if the latter, include the photographer’s name); you have permission to take the photo of the selected location and individuals, and have their permission to enter the photo in this contest; and as the photographer, you retain copyright to the photo submitted, but give unlimited and unrestricted permission for Simon Fraser University to use and reproduce the image for free in any media for promotional and/or informational materials.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the photos we've received so far!
- Photos of Home Contest: Winning Entries
- Contest Entry: Jill Murphy
- Contest Entry: Bicram Rijal
- Contest Entry: Aungon Nag Radon
- Contest Entry: Farhad Ismail
- Contest Entry: Anna Vorobyova
- Contest Entry: Wijendra Premarathna
- Contest Entry: Sarah Stott
- Contest Entry: Lihua Zong
- Contest Entry: Alison Chang
- Contest Entry: Ryan Teraverst
- Contest Entry: Colin Brown
- Contest Entry:Tasnim Alam
- Contest Entry: Alicia Brubacher
- Contest Entry: Philippe Giabbanelli
- Contest Entry: Maria Fedorova
- Contest Entry:Sina Doroudgar
- Contest Entry: Flavien Beaud
- Contest Entry: Gaju Karekezi
- Contest Entry: Pradeep Reddy
- Contest Entry: Hanbo Li
- Contest Entry: Mette Lethan
- Contest Entry: Siddharth Oli
- Contest Entry: Jack Yang
- Contest Entry: Mohammad Hosseini
- Contest Entry: Nikki Bakes
- Contest Entry: Landon Hoyt
- Contest Entry: Chantelle Lachance
- Contest Entry: Lamrot Lulseged
For additional inspiration, check out the winning entries from last year's contest.
Tags: tips & tricks