Dean of Graduate Studies Awards for Excellence
We’re delighted to announce the recipients of the 2011 Dean of Graduate Studies Awards for Excellence.
Award for Excellence in Graduate Supervision
- Stella Atkins, Professor Emerita, Computing Science (see profile)
- Kieran Egan, Professor, Faculty of Education (see profile)
- Bernard Roitberg, Professor, Department of Biological Sciences (see profile)
- Rina Zazkis, Professor, Faculty of Education (see profile)
Award for Leadership
- Dara Culhane, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology and Anthropology (see profile)
- David Muraki, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics (see profile)
Award for Excellence in Service
- Christa Gruninger, Department of English (see profile)
- Marlene Nguyen, Department of Biological Sciences (see profile)
There were a large number of very qualified nominees for each award and these recipients are very deserving. In future blog posts, we’ll be running brief profiles of each of the recipients and examples of their stellar contributions to graduate studies at Simon Fraser University. All of the recipients received remarkable feedback from their colleagues and graduate students for their exceptional service, mentorship and innovative ideas.
The judging committee found the process to be inspiring, as there were many large and small examples of inspiration, academic accomplishment, generosity of spirit, tangible support and personal warmth and kindness throughout the nominations.
The 2012 Dean of Graduate Studies Awards for Excellence are now open for nominations.