Tips and Tricks
International TA Seminar
The International TA program has opened registrations for international and EAL/ESL graduate students and TAs who wish to enhance their academic communication and teaching skills.
SFU Burnaby Campus Sessions: 10 Week Intensive Seminar
- Tuesday Morning Seminar: 9:30am~12:30pm
- Every Tuesday, September 24 to November 26
- West Mall Centre 3531, SFU Burnaby
- Wednesday Afternoon Seminar: 1:00pm~4:00pm
- Every Wednesday, September 25 to November 27
- West Mall Centre, 3250 and 2507, SFU Burnaby
- Thursday Afternoon Seminar: 2:30pm~5:30pm
- Every Thursday: September 26 to November 28
- West Mall Centre 3515, SFU Burnaby
- Register online
The seminar is FREE for SFU graduate students. A refundable deposit of $100 will be required to hold your space.
New to SFU in Fall 2013?
Register for the free "Just-In-Time" International Teaching Assistant Seminar to help you get your SFU teaching career off to a positive start! It's a free 3-session course designed to offer timely orientation and support to graduate teaching assistants who are new to the North American academia, and whose first language is not English.
Burnaby Campus Session
- 3 Saturdays, Sept 7, 14 and 21, 2013, 1–4 pm
- Graduate Student Society Boardroom, Maggie Benston Centre 2212 (also called the "Laurine Harrison Boardroom & Lounge"), Burnaby Campus (H22 on map, see directions).
- Register online (Sept 4 update: FULL: waitlist only. You are welcome to register for the Surrey session)
Surrey Campus Session
Tags: tips & tricks;