Events and Conferences
Event: SFU Health Research Day
Registration is now open for SFU Health Research Day 2014
The SFU Health Research Advisory Network and the Office of the Vice-President, Research are pleased to invite you to SFU Health Research Day 2014:
Date: Thursday, April 10, 2014
Time: 9:30 - 16:00 (followed by a reception)
Place: Mowfaghian Theatre and Atrium, Blusson Hall, SFU Burnaby
This event is sponsored by the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research, and will be open to the SFU research community (faculty, graduate students, adjuncts, postdoctoral fellows) and external collaborators. The goals of the SFU Health Research Day are:
- to raise awareness of the diversity of health research being undertaken at SFU
- to review the changing internal and external environment for health researchers, and
- to foster collaborations within the SFU community and with external partners.
This event will include a full day of talks, posters and networking opportunities. Break Refreshments and Lunch will be provided to all registrants.
- Welcome and overview of Program - President Andrew Petter, VP Research Mario Pinto, FHS Dean John O'Neil
- Keynote Address: Health Research at SFU - Current Prospects and Future Challenges (TBC)
- Moderated Panel discussion on Working with External Partners. Panelists from the Terry Fox Research Institute, BC Cancer Agency, Pfizer
- Poster sessions by graduate students, post-docs and other trainees
- En'Lightening Rounds (morning and afternoon sessions) (each session will feature 25 presenters from various SFU facualties and departments, 2-minutes, 2-slides)
- Moderated Panel Discussion on Working in Multidisciplinary Teams and External Partners. Panelists from SFU Dept. of Geography and School of Engineering Science.
- New! - Pitching for Research Collaborations
- Closing Remarks - Kelley Lee (FHS Associate Dean Research, Chair, SFU Health Research Day Planning Committee)
- Networking reception - Blusson Hall Atrium
Space is limited and presenters will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis. Please direct all questions regarding this event to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: events and conferences