Tips and Tricks
Job Posting: Recreation Manager
Haven Hill Retirement Centre (Penticton, BC) is seeking an energetic and creative Recreation Manager to join our dedicated and caring team. The Recreation Manager is guided by our organization’s mission of exceptional care & service and by the values of safety first, resident-centred, teamwork, a learning environment and best value & innovation. This is a full-time, non-contract position.
The Recreation Manager will:
· Assess and redevelop existing departmental programs
· Create, implement and deliver new programs
· Provide therapeutic recreation assessment, planning and delivery to residents
· Contribute to the overall delivery of exceptional resident care
· Provide leadership and direction to the recreation team
· Baccalaureate Degree in Therapeutic Recreation with five (5) years recent experience in Gerontology
· Eligible for membership in BC Therapeutic Recreation Association (BCTRA)
· Comprehensive knowledge of recreation and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long-term care
· Post-graduate courses and/or certification in Gerontology an asset
· CPR & First Aid Certification;
· Valid, unrestricted, Class 4 drivers’ license
· Excellent clinical, supervisory, organizational and leadership skills
· Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and computer skills
At Haven Hill residents come first.
We work together as a team to provide the best care for our residents and value safety above all else.
We are always professional, respectful, caring and thoughtful. We strive to make life better at Haven Hill with every task, be it small or challenging, routine or extraordinary. We work together as a team to support each other to achieve the best outcome and care for our residents. We are committed to providing outstanding care in a safe, harmonious and engaging environment.
We give our best and we value being the best team in serving our residents.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary expectations and your availability to start in your cover letter.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Visit us at: www.havenhill.ca