SFU PhD Fellowship: Global Tobacco Control
Professor Kelley Lee, Principal Investigator of a study entitled “Tobacco industry, public policy and global health,” funded by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), US National Institutes of Health (NIH), is seeking to recruit a PhD student to join an interdisciplinary project team.
A full-time funded PhD student position is available to contribute to research related to one of the above project themes, with a particular focus on topics related to the tobacco industry, corporate strategy and globalization such as adaptation and integration within and across trade blocs, strategic management related to global restructuring, new business development, mergers and acquisitions, marketing and product development in relation to transnational corporations.
Applications are encouraged from individuals who meet the following criteria:
- A completed masters level degree relevant to business studies, international political economy, international finance, trade and investment, industry and global corporate strategy
- Knowledge and experience of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Proven ability to work with initiative and discretion
- Proven ability to work in team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel within Canada and overseas to conduct fieldwork and disseminate findings
Full Fellowship Description: (Application deadline is May 31, 2014)