Modelling of Complex Social Systems Free Info Session
Would you like to help make a simulation of:
- How a crowd becomes a riot?
- How an organization can tap into the “wisdom of the crowd”?
- How a disease moves through a population?
- How crime affects where people choose to live?
- How peers affect health behaviour?
- Or something else that you know is important?
Students in the Modelling of Complex Social Systems (MoCSSy) program build interdisciplinary models of issues like these and many more. MoCSSy is organized at the IRMACS Centre, and has participants from across the university community. They also work closely with the Vancouver Institute for Visual Analytics (VIVA).
Joining MoCSSy is an opportunity for you to:
- Add a graduate certificate to your SFU graduate degree
- Share research expertise
- Get to know people from other fields
- Broaden your skill set
- Contribute to innovative research
Information session: Friday, September 19, 3 pm.
Location: Level 3, Applied Science Building, Burnaby campus (directions)
All are welcome. Refreshments will be served.
More information at mocssy.irmacs.sfu.ca