Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology
Research profile: Xiaolan Wang, School of Interactive Arts and Technology
Xiaolan's Top Tips for Future International Grad Students
- Look for a supervisor whose research field interests you. In addition to their online research profile, read their papers and projects.
- Connect with potential supervisors by email. If you are lucky enough to meet the professor in person, that's the best way! Be confident and brave.
- Prepare all of your application materials carefully and submit them on time — the earlier, the better in case of unexpected setbacks.
- Keep practising English — this helps you to adapt to study and life in Canada more easily.
- There are many different awards and scholarships you may apply for — familiarize yourself with the requirements. If you have questions, the staff at SFU are happy to help.