Job and Volunteer Postings
Job Posting: Tutors for Student Athletes
SFU is looking for grad and undergrad students to tutor our NCAA student athletes as part of the Student Athlete Tutor Roster.
This is a paid on-call tutoring opportunity; the tutoring supports SFU's NCAA Division II athletes with their studies. All applicants are welcome but they are especially interested in candidates who have coursework, graduate experience, or TA/TM/Sessional experience in the following:
- Statistics (STAT 101, 201, 305)
- Mathematics (Calculus I and II)
- Business (BUS 207, 251, 311)
- Cognitive Science (COGS 100)
- Economics (ECON 102/103/105)
- HSCI (HSCI 100)
The pay is $20/hr for one-on-one tutoring appointments, with increments up from that for groups of 2 or 3+ students.
Students who would like to apply can log into myInvolvement using the following steps:
- Go to myinvolvement.sfu.ca
- Click on the 'Student' button, and login using your SFU ID and password
- Click on Opportunities > Getting Involved
- Click on 'All Current Opportunities' or search by Job ID 3041
There is a posting for Graduate Students to apply to the Tutor Roster that provides position information and application instructions.
Although there is a posted deadline of November 3, 2014, recruitment for these positions is on-going and based on need.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.