Tips and Tricks

Tax Information for Graduate Students

March 11, 2015

SFU is required to report certain information to enable you to complete your Canadian income tax returns. In February or March of each year, you may also receive slips from other sources (e.g. other employers, funding agencies, banks, child care providers etc.).

As a graduate student, you may have received funds from SFU through your student account and/or through SFU Payroll. You will need to download your 2014 tax slips accordingly (available by March 1st).

New to Canada?

Because you asked, we've also provided a brief overview of the Canadian tax system - see Income Taxes for International Graduate Students

If you have questions or need assistance filing your tax return:

Tags: tips & tricks;