Graduate Studies News
June 2015 Convocation Information and Procedures
The Office of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Fellows would like to congratulate all those who will be awarded a degree at the upcoming Spring convocation ceremony.
In preparation for the upcoming Convocation, The Office of Graduate Studies would like to provide some helpful links and information for those who will be awarded degrees in June.
- The SFU Senate met on Tuesday May 19 and has awarded degrees to all students who were previously approved
- Shortly after this all students who will be awarded a degree will be sent an email and a mailed letter confirming the awarding of their degree. This email will also contain information on Convocation attendance, regalia reservation, and any additional information required
- It is the student's responsibility to confirm Convocation attendance and order regalia
- If you are graduating but are not planning to attend Convocation, your parchment will be mailed to the the mailing address that is listed in your student account approximately two weeks after the convocations have completed.
- If you would like your parchment mailed to a different address, you will be responsible for changing your mailing address in the Student Information System .
- Confirming Convocation attendance and renting your regalia
- SFU's official Convocation page
- June 2015 Convocation dates and schedule
We take thousands of photos during Convocation week. If you'd like to see what to expect at your Convocation, please browse through our Flickr albums.