Job Posting: Coordinator with Let's Talk Science!
The Faculty of Science is looking for a new coordinator for their Let's Talk Science program. This role will include the opportunity to develop business, leadership and communication skills, gain fundraising and budgetary skills, work in a positive environment, tremendous autonomy to pursue new goals for Let’s Talk Science Outreach, paid travel to Let’s Talk Science conferences & rural communities and earn a coordinator stipend.
The ideal candidate will
- Be registered in a graduate degree at SFU in science, technology, engineering or mathematics, and have at least 2 years remaining in their program
- Attend SFU Burnaby campus on a daily basis
- Be willing to travel 1-2 times per year to LTS conferences, and/or to lead road trips to rural communities in BC
- Have experience dealing with high volumes of email
- Have a flexible daily schedule allowing time for various LTS activities
- Have a supervisor who is supportive of science outreach
Deadline for applications is October 13th, so polish up that cover letter and resume and email them to email@example.com right away!
Tags: job and volunteer postings;