Job and Volunteer Postings
Job and Volunteer Postings: Mitacs Business Development Specialist at SFU
Mitacs is looking for a recent PhD graduate for a new Business Development Specialist position to be based at Simon Fraser University.
- Work closely with members of Mitacs Business Development, Science and Technology, and Programs teams to deliver high‐quality programming
- Work closely with the Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral team, the Office of Research Services and the Innovation Office at Simon Fraser University to fully understand the needs of their researchers, students and postdoctoral fellows, find industry and non-profit sector opportunities and identify the best programs to leverage the research opportunities uncovered
- Create and maintain a network of partners/clients in industry and the non-profit sector at Simon Fraser University
- Introduce companies to various Mitacs events and programs
- Introduce companies/non profits to various Simon Fraser University researchers
- Collaborate with Mitacs staff and/or Simon Fraser University staff to organize events including aspects related to networking with clients, planning, logistics, and funding
- Providing support to the Business Development Team as needed
- Providing business development support to all Mitacs programs as needed
- Providing business development support to the Office of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Fellows at Simon Fraser University
- Organizing industry‐academic networking events specific to Simon Fraser University
Applications must include both a CV and cover letter in word or pdf format. Apply directly via the Mitacs website.
Full job description:
See also other Mitacs job opportunities.