Tip: SFU Vault for Secure Data Storage
SFU IT Services has just launched SFU Vault, an SFU hosted private and secure file storage platform. SFU Vault allows users to access their files from anywhere there is an internet connection.
Some of the benefits of SFU Vault are:
- Easy to learn folder-based file syncing and sharing;
- Access files from any desktop or mobile device;
- Automatically backs up data;
- Uses versioning control so users can easily access previous versions of files;
- Space quota of 50 GB;
- Support is provided by the University; and
- Meets the requirements of BC's FIPPA legislation.
For more information about SFU Vault, visit www.sfu.ca/vault.
For additional background, see the SFU Cloud Computing FAQ (SFU staff, including TAs and research assistants, are not allowed to store data about others on US servers without permission from the subjects. This includes google docs, dropbox, and all the other storage services)