Job and Volunteer Postings
Fall 2016 Student Jobs
Students who are looking for on-campus jobs in the fall term should begin looking soon, as many of the hirings are done in the summer months.
This page will be continuously updated and more jobs will be added through September. They'll be marked with *NEW* until other jobs are added above them.
See links below for how to apply.
- *NEW* Clerk for front-of-house staff, Cultural Unit, August 22
- Embark Sustainability Executive Director, full-time job, August 16
- SFU IT Technicians, Vancouver campus, up to 10 positions available, August 17
- Student Sustainability Educators, 12-hour commitment, $150 honorarium, August 24
- Graduate and Undergrad Research Assistants to support the work of Simon Fraser University’s Aboriginal Reconciliation Council, August 17
- Meeting & Events clerk at Harbour Centre, part-time continuing, August 8
- Bookstore clerk, part-time continuing, August 4
- Events clerk, Surrey campus, 10-12 positions available, August 8
- Library Technicians, Surrey campus, 4-5 positions available, August 8
- IT Technicians, Surrey campus, up to 10 positions available, August 10
- Student callers for Alumni Calling Campaign, $ 10.50/hour + cash bonuses based on performance.
- Research Assistant(s) for Art for Social Change Project
- SFU Dining Services, Servers for Diamond Alumni Centre
- SFU Hockey Part-time Sales Coordinator / Part-time Marketing Coordinator
- Embark SFU Sustainability Projects Coordinator, 12 hours/week, $16/hour + 4% vacation. Applications open until position is filled
- IT Technicians, up to 20 positions, August 4
- IT Technicians, up to 10 positions, August 4
- SFU Rec job postings for Full-Time Events Coordinator (Aug 8) / Gameday Events Team (Sept 9) / McFogg the Dog Performer (Sept 9) / Marketing Assistant (Aug 15)
- Library Clerks, up to 20 positions, August 4
- Library Assistants, up to 4 positions, August 4
- Residence Clerks, 4-6 positions, August 4
- *NEW* Library Assistants, up to 4 positions, August 2
- Positive Space Network Program Project Worker for Out on Campus. Apply by August 3.
- IT Services Technicians, up to 14 positions available, July 27
- Lifeguards, up to 30 positions available, August 10
- French lab technicians, 2-3 positions available, July 27
- Library Assistant 8, July 25
- Clerk, Chemistry (Part-time continuing job), July 27
- Program Assistant, Environmental Medicine and Physiology, August 3 (Helps with hyperbaric chamber scheduling)
- Library Assistant 8, July 25
- Library Assistant 3, 3 positions available, July 20
- Technician 5, up to 7 positions available, July 20
- French Graduate Writing Facilitator, Student Learning Commons, $25/hour, apply by August 5.
- Part-time research assistant who has an interest in teaching, learning, and pedagogy in the life sciences, apply by July 28
- Residences International Programming Assistant, $14/hour, 6–10 hours per week, July 8.
- Coordinator, Indigenous Graduate Student Programs, 36 hours biweekly, $26-$32k per year, July 11.
- Three volunteer positions at EMBARK SFU: Design Coordinator, Media Coordinator, Grants Coordinator. 3-5 or 5-7 hours per week, $1500 to $1600 honorarium if minimum hours are reached.
- CJSF, the campus radio station, is hiring for a Programming Coordinator (28 hours/week, $2323/month) and a Music Coordinator (21 hours/week, $1742/month). Apply by July 11.
- Secretary, Venture Connection, 56 hours biweekly, June 27
- Public Knowledge Project Student Associate, 10 hours/week, $24-27, depending on qualifications and experience. Posting open until filled.
- Program Assistant, SFU Sustainability, 36 hours/week, $20 per hour, applications accepted on a rolling basis.
- Graduate Student Society Administrator, 28 hours/week, $34.36 per hour, June 26
- Graduate Learning and Writing Facilitator, SFU Surrey Student Learning Commons, June 24
- Graduate Peer Qualitative Data Analysis Software (QDAS) (includes NVivo) Facilitator, Research Commons, June 10
- SFU Bookstore Cashiers, $17.43/hour, July 18–September 16
- Local Economic Development Lab Internships
The LEDlab is looking for five talented, dynamic, curious, and driven graduate students who want to create positive social change in the downtown eastside. Paid internships, $20k for 8 months starting in September. Apply by June 12.
- The Alliance for Arts and Culture job board currently has a lot of postings for summer student jobs
- Charity Village lists jobs in the not-for-profit sector
Ongoing job postings and listings
- TA/TM/Sessional job postings (New in the TSSU contract: TA/TM jobs for the Fall 2016 term will be posted from July 4–18)
- Residences job postings
- SFU Dining Services
- SFU Temp Pool and Student Temp Pool
- SFU Recreation Services openings
- SFU Athletics paid and volunteer opportunities
If you have a student job and would like to be listed on this page, email email@example.com.
See also: How to find a job on campus
Tags: tips & tricks